Diamond Yello account popularly known as DYA is a Banking partnership between Diamond Bank and MTN Nigeria. It has always been an easy going transaction because, just with the USSD code (*710#) you can perform multiple transactions including:
- Transfer Money
- Cash Withdrawal
- Request for Loans and Debit card
- Recharge all MTN line(with 100% Bonus)
- Pay for Cable, Utility, internet and Transport bill
And guess what, it is a nice platform to run your savings account because of the high interest rate.
In recent times, customers including MTNF scholars are experience a LIEN placed on the account. I will tell why it happened and the fastest remedy to accessing your account.
Why was it placed
The lien on the account is mainly because of the CBN policy on KYC (Know Your Customer) requirement which states that some level of information must be known about your customer.
- Customer’s salary
- Means of Identification, etc
How to regain Access
To be able to get access to your account, you must migrate it to Tier 3
- Visit any Diamond bank around you, if possible a big branch to fasten the upgrade
- Inform them that you want to upgrade your DYA to Tier 3
- Submit the following document
- Means of identification
- Utility bill
- Passport photograph
It usually takes 3 week for the lien to be removed based on the level of Branch’s supremacy